Chilson Beach at Beaver Pond
Any violation of these rules could result in removal from the beach
For questions regarding beach rules, please contact the Franklin recreation department at (508)-520-4909
Access to Chilson Beach for the purpose of swimming will be permitted at Beaver Pond parking area on Beaver Street. Swimming will be allowed, at the swimmer’s own risk under the following conditions.
- Swimming will be permitted from June 27-August 21, 2015
- Swimming will be permitted during daylight hours only.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Diving off the dock at Chilson Beach will be prohibited
- Dogs will not be permitted on the beach or in the water
- Signs will be posted notifying the public if the water quality testing fails during the performed testing from June 27-August 21, 2015
- Signs will be posted at Chilson Beach indicating swimming is at their own risk.
These rules shall apply during the summer of 2015
Chilson Beach is tested each week during the beach season for E coli (fecal coliform) to ensure proper standards for bathing beach requirements. These standards are set forth by the state sanitation code. The purpose of 105 CMR 445.000 is to protect the health, safety and well-being of the users of bathing beaches, to establish acceptable standards for the operation of bathing water and to establish a procedure for informing the public of any bathing water closures.
Chilson Beach will be open to the public for supervised swim beginning on Saturday, June 20 through August 21, 2015. Lifeguards will not be on duty this season.
Chilson Beach will be Franklin and Medway residents only this year.
Beach Passes are available at the Recreation office or at the beach:
Season Pass (per family): $75 resident,
Daily Pass (per vehicle): $10 resident,
Swim lessons are offered Monday-Thursday, except July 4th
Session 1: June 23-July 3
Session 2: July 7 -July 17
Session 3: July 21-July 31
The Recreation Department offers an introduction to Lifeguarding class. Guard Start is an American Red Cross approved class.